Mu and Heyo
Based in Melbourne, Australia
26 September 2013
DescriptionQuantum jump from Planck to Planck as you hit critical velocity in Boson X, a new rotational runner from Mu & Heyo. Use precise timing and fast reflexes to navigate a subatomic world where floors and ceilings don't exist. Will you be fast enough to discover the mysterious Boson X?
HistoryJon and Ian have been working on Boson X on and off for about 3 years, while maintaining full-time jobs. They've added many features and then taken them out again, refined and polished the controls and levels, and agonised over many design decisions. They're feeling pretty good about it now and are looking forward to sharing it with the world. The PC, Mac and Linux version was released on 30 August as freeware and the iOS version will be available on 26 September as a paid app.
- Fast-paced, unforgiving gameplay
- 18 distinct procedurally generated levels to master
- 3 playable characters
- No superfluous powerups, coins or XP systems - just deadly serious scientific research
- Simple, precise controls on iOS - no swiping or tilting
- Discover the principles of each level by repeated experimentation and observation
Steam Trailer YouTube
iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Trailer YouTube
iPad Gameplay YouTube
Original Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Featured in the Best of 2013 category on the App Store" December 2013
- "Touch Arcade Game of the Week" 27 September 2013
- "Nominated for Pocket Gamer Android Game of the Year" Pocket Gamer Awards 2014
- "a brilliant, twitchy arcade masterpiece that pulsates with originality and heart"
- Harry Slater, Pocket Gamer
- "a massively unique take on the endless runner genre"
- Mike Rose, GameZebo
- "an amazingly compelling game"
- Shaun Musgrave, Touch Arcade
- "Exciting, fast and incredibly easy to pick up"
- Ben Barrett, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "But it's the level design that really smacks you round the back of the head"
- Chris Priestman, Indie Statik
- "...mixing the spinning geometry of Hexagon and the procedural autorunning of Canabalt"
- John Polson, Indie Games
- "Boson X is fantastic and you should play it right now"
- Grant Howitt, Look, Robot
Request Press Copy
About Mu and Heyo
Mu and Heyo is an independent games studio based in Melbourne, Australia, made up of Ian MacLarty and Jon Kerney.
More information on Mu and Heyo, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Boson X Credits
Game design, programming, audio
Game design, graphics, animation